Sunday, January 14, 2018

I’m baaaaaaaack

People have been asking me what happened to this blog. I’d like to think you all miss my witty and hilarious banter. More realistically you’re probably going through withdrawal from all the giggling you did at my naive and somewhat dense reactions to this life— surviving a life of 3 kids three years old and under is... funny. The struggle is real.

I’m gonna get deep for a second. I started an entry when baby girl turned 17 months old. It was going to be a deep meaningful post about how her first 17 months changed my outlook on life (which they did). And how she was almost 18 months- and how proud I am of her, of us, for surviving it and showing the world, medicine, the cruel ones, that we are warriors because we did it all and mostly with a smile- even through the pain and tears- but then it got too serious. And I kept thinking and rethinking about whether she would like to read (years down the line) a blog about her first 17 months and how she’d react, and so, with all that thinking, I kept putting it off- I procrastinated... for 2 months. Sooooo, we aren’t going to go there. She’s 19 months, she’s amazing, she’s the reason I can stand in the light, hell, she’s the light of my life. Her brothers are the wind beneath my wings and their dad brings out my fiery temper (ha!). I’m in love, moreso everyday, with these 4 humans that make my life. So there, I procrastinated... even though I hate to. And worst of all out of fear. Life is daunting sometimes, so we gotta laugh a little and then we come back and remember that, today, I chose to chase the kids in the mall... don’t tell my husband he was right and it was insanity. But that’s what we chose to do today in this “heat wave” of a high of 43 degrees. Have I mentioned I hate winter? But I love caffeine. I’ve had a lot of THAT today. 

So! Welcome back! Welcome to 2018! It’s gonna be an amazing year! Don’t we say that every year? I read somewhere that January is like the Monday of a new year every time. But it’s good, a fresh new beginning. Resolutions? Everyone’s got them! Exercise more, eat healthy, do this, don’t do that. I say, live in moderation... except with cookies and cake- golly piffle- I love those too much to ever limit myself.  This year is going to be the best ever, I’ve already outdone myself with planning 2/3 kids’ birthday parties (even though one is in June)... I got excited, ok? I haven’t worked out- I blame the winter blues for that- but that’s what February is for! Or the other 10 months. 

So here’s to you, to your resolutions. As for me, I’m just writing and posting funny quotes on a board everyday. My resolution(ish) is to make my friends smile, even if for a minute each day. And to try to live a happy life- with cake, and bread, and these crazies that keep my world spinning round and round. Maybe I should resolve to quit procrastinating and go wash some bottles? Meh maybe not- who knows!



No comments:

Post a Comment